Selecting teams for match play is fast and simple in FairGolfMatch.Com.
1. From the list of clubs and courses where you play, select the course where the match will be played.
2. From the menu buttons on the left side of the screen, select "Match". A list of all subscribing club or course members and visitors who have Golfer ratings will be displayed. Golfers without ratings will not be listed.
3. If you are setting up a new match, click the "Check None" button to clear all check marks in the golfer list so you do not accidentally include unwanted golfers in the match.
4. If you want to include every listed golfer in the match (unlikely, but possible) click the "Check All" button. If you want to include only selected golfers in the match, check the box beside the name of each golfer playing in the match. Use the "Previous Match Select" and "Next Match Select" buttons to navigate the list of golfers, or use the lookup box to quickly locate specific golfers.
5. To add a new guest to the match, enter the guest's name in the boxes below the selection screen. If the guest has a FairGolfMatch.Com rating from another course, enter it in the Estimated rating box. If the guest does not have a FGM rating, you can estimate one as follows: Estimated Rating = (21 - USGA Handicap). Click the "Add Guest" button to include the guest in the list of players.
Note: Some clubs and courses will not let a guest play in a match until he has established a Golfer Rating using at least 4-6 scores. Using an estimated rating can greatly reduce the accuracy of creating teams in FairGolfMatch.Com. Ideally your guest would subscribe to FGM at the course or club they normally play, so they would have an accurate Golfer Rating available for matches at your course.
6. When all match participants have been selected, click the "Print Report" button. On the report screen, enter the Date and a unique Name for the match so it can be recalled later for score entry.
7. Choose the expected number of golfers per team. This does not have to be correct at this point, because FairGolfMatch.Com will show you an analysis of 2,3,4,and 5 man teams so you can choose the best team size to insure a fair match.
8. Click the "Size Comparison" button. FGM shows a total of Golfer Ratings for 2, 3, 4, and 5 man teams. A match analysis is presented for each team size (Excellent Match, Good match, Fair Match, and Not A Fair Match) based on the point differential between teams. FGM also shows how many teams are produced, and how many members are on each team.
9. Decide which team size provides the best match for your group, then close the Size Comparison screen. Enter the desired "Golfers per Team" in the selection box if different than shown, then click the "Final List" button. A new page opens showing the teams and team members, individual and total Golfer Ratings, and the Match Analysis.
If you print the report showing the teams selected for the match, the page has spaces to record each golfer's Summary Score after the round so a single person can enter all scores into the FairGolfMatch.Com computer. This insures that all scores are entered for every match. Instead of entering a Summary Score, you may choose to enter a Detail Score that will automatically generate a Summary Score.
10. Individual golfers may go back later and enter a Detail Score for their round if they wish to do so. Entering a Detail Score will overwrite the original Summary Score with the same information created from the Detail Score.